Twila E. Palmer's Blog
Do you have too much stuff? Are you making a move and looking for storage options? If so, the fist thing you will need to determine is how much storage space you need. As you are going through your things ask yourself if you really need to store everything, or is it better to donate or sell some things. This could cut down on the amount of storage space needed and ultimately reduce the cost. Once you determine which items will be stored take an inventory of your items. Make a list and have this information ready when you start calling storage companies. So what size storage unit will you need? Here are some standard sizing options that most storage companies use. Always check with your company first.
- 5 x 5 x 10 = Small items, boxes, books, etc...
- 5 x 10 x 10 = Small 1 bedroom home
- 10 x 10 x 10 = 1 bedroom home
- 10 x 15 x 10 = 2-3 bedroom home
- 10 x 20 x 10 = 3-4 bedroom home
- 10 x 30 x 10 = 5-7 bedroom home