Twila E. Palmer's Blog
For many seniors, the idea of selling the home that they have raised a family in can be met with some resistance. And while many seniors are perfectly capable and comfortable taking care of a large home, there are some who would much rather do away with the hassle of home maintenance and lawn upkeep, opting instead to spend their golden years in a more relaxed setting with a more comfortable climate. If you find yourself thinking about selling your home and settling in greener pastures, then there are a few things you will need to consider.
- Are you moving because you want to, or because you think that taking care of your home is becoming a burden?
- Do you want to move closer to family?
- Is the climate you currently live in aggravating any medical conditions you may have?
- Availability and access to medical care
- Would you like to have access to a swimming pool for exercise?
- Are you open to the idea of living in an area with group activities?