Twila E. Palmer's Blog
Changing your air filters in your home can be a chore that is quickly forgotten and overlooked, but it is crucial to the overall health of your home. To keep your home air system functioning at its best, be sure to have your HVAC system checked, maintained, and changed regularly.
- Prevent Damage. By keeping your system up to date on routine maintenance, you can prevent extensive and unwanted damage from happening. By allowing your HVAC filter to get clogged, you risk your system straining to get clean air through. With less clean air able to get into your home, your system will go into overdrive by running longer and working harder. Neglecting routine maintenance will ultimately cause your HVAC to fail.
- Clean Air. When you have a clogged filter in your air conditioning, you are getting less clean air throughout your home. This is beneficial for everyone in your house, but especially for the elderly and children. Having healthy air in your home is also essential for family members who struggle with allergies or asthma. Keep dust, pollen, and other small particles out of your lungs and breathe clean air by changing your filter regularly.
- Save Money. Aside from preventing expensive damage to your HVAC system, replacing a dirty filter can also save you a significant amount in operating costs. A dirty air filter will cause your air conditioner to run much longer than it would need to with a clean filter. This will ultimately result in a higher electricity bill. By making a habit of changing your filters regularly, you can obtain a savings of around 15% off of your energy bill.
- Protect the Environment. Failing to replace your dirty filters routinely is ultimately failing the environment. While your system is running more often to replenish your air, it is also producing large amounts of carbon monoxide and other greenhouse gases into the air. By running your home in an eco-friendly manner, you can benefit the environment while never skipping out on the comforts of your home. Changing a filter once a month is a small step with a significant impact.
Neglecting your HVAC system's maintenance is sure to result in the failure of its capabilities. Changing your air filter once every month will result in cleaner air, saved money, and a healthier environment. Don't miss out on these benefits by turning your back on this painless chore. If you're concerned about your home's air system, contact a local HVAC technician to evaluate the function of your system.
36 Gray Farm Road, Littleton, MA 01460
You're selling your home, and you know you need to perk up its curb appeal, but you're low on free time and funds. There are a few simple, and affordable projects you can take on to step up your curb game and increase your chances of a sale. Attracting buyers to your home is a necessary part of your sale, so take a minute to hammer out some quick upgrades to give your home the best first impression.
Just a little paint—not a lot.Freshly painted shutters and a new coat on the front and side doors of your home can add a striking vibrancy that your potential buyers can see from the street. Visit your local hardware or paint store and talk with a professional about the best paint to cover your wood or vinyl fixtures. When selecting a color consider the best hues to pleasantly contrast or compliment your home’s exterior colors and any natural stone or brick accents. Before you start, clean off all dirt and grime from your door and shutter surfaces, tape off or remove any hardware possible, then get to painting! In just a few hours and a couple of cans of paint, you can accomplish a huge visual change.
Tighten up your existing landscaping. Take an upcoming weekend day and spend a little time manicuring your yard. Give your trees and bushes some attention, rake up the leaves and remove any dead plants. Mow and trim your lawn all the way to the curb. If there are any empty lots or uncared for median spaces near your home maybe take an extra minute and clean up the appeal around your house as well. With an additional day or another weekend, if you have time before your open house, extend your landscaping to cleaning up your driveway. Sweep the drive thoroughly and consider renting a pressure washer to remove any unsightly oil stains. Finally, get up to those gutters. Clean and well-maintained gutters are a good sign to your buyers that you care for your home and have taken the time to maintain it and keep it in good condition for future inhabitants.
Add even more life with planters and flowers. With a small investment, you can add even more color and appeal to your home with a few planters, pots, and hanging baskets. Find plants and containers that complement the design of your home and add both brightness and hominess to your street view.
Lighting and more lighting. Make it easy for your buyers to see your home and attract them to your door with enhanced lighting. Many home buyers drive past homes they see listed online before they come to the open house. Frequently this is after work and during a dusky or dark time of day. Make your window shoppers want to return for the open house with cleaned up lighting. Clean up or replace your porch light, add a new bright bulb and talk to your local hardware store about the best options for adding lighting to your drive and walkways.
As you get ready for your open house, work with your real estate professional to design the best and most cost-effective ways to step up your curb appeal.
42 W Prescott Street, Westford, MA 01886
A home showing often plays a key role in the property selling journey. In fact, if your house dazzles a buyer during a showing, you may receive an offer to purchase your residence shortly after this individual views your home.
Of course, there is no guarantee that a house showing will lead to a fast, profitable home selling experience. But if you know how to plan ahead for a house showing, you could boost the likelihood that this event will lead to an offer to purchase your residence.
There are many things that sellers need to consider before they host a house showing, such as:
1. The Condition of a Home
Dedicate time and energy to enhance your home's interior and exterior. That way, a buyer can fall in love with your residence during a showing.
To bolster your house's interior, you should clean each room of your home as best as you can. Also, don't forget to eliminate clutter that otherwise may make your house appear small and cramped.
Meanwhile, to upgrade your house's exterior, you should mow the lawn, fix any cracked or damaged home siding and perform other repairs. If you need assistance with home exterior upgrades, you can always reach out to property improvement professionals, too.
2. Scheduling Options
You should make it simple for a buyer to schedule a house showing at his or her convenience. By doing so, you can provide buyers with lots of options to view your residence – something that may help you speed up the house selling cycle.
For sellers, it helps to maintain flexibility in regards to home showings. And if you are open to home showings on nights and weekends, you could give buyers plenty of opportunities to check out your house in-person.
3. Your Home Selling Expectations
If a buyer wants to make an offer to purchase your home following a showing, you may have only a limited amount of time to determine how to proceed. However, if you establish house selling expectations, you can quickly decide whether to accept, reject or counter a buyer's offer to purchase your home.
For those who are concerned about hosting home showings or completing other house selling tasks, you may want to hire a real estate agent. This housing market professional is ready to assist a home seller and ensure this individual can easily navigate the property selling journey.
A real estate agent is dedicated to a seller's success. Thus, he or she will work with a seller, learn about this individual's goals and plan accordingly. And if a seller ever has concerns or questions, a real estate agent can respond to them.
When it comes to hosting a home showing, there is no need to stress. By considering the aforementioned factors, a seller can plan ahead for a house showing. And as a result, a seller may be able to accelerate the home selling journey.